For 2016 details - England and Wales Property Market 2016
- England and Wales had total property sales of approx. £295 billions in 2015
- The total number of properties sold in 2015 was 99,8376
- The maximum sales was in Greater London at £82 billions
- The average sales price in England and Wales was £295.69, whereas median was £205 K
- The average price was maximum in Greater London at £636 K and median at 399 K
- New Property sales were 10.57% by value where as Not New Property contributed 89.43%
England and Wales property market 2015 is as below. The regions it is made up of are Greater London, South East England, East of England, South West England, North West England , West Midlands, East Midlands, Yorkshire and the Humber, Wales, North East England.
Total Sales By Regions
The total property sales of England and Wales combined was approx. £295 billions.
Region wise split of England and Wales property market 2015 is :
Total Sales By Property Type
The split of £295 billions across the different property types are
- Terraced at £65 billions (22.02%),
- Semi-Detached at £58 billions (19.58%),
- Other at £31 billions (10.47%),
- Flat/Maisonette at £55 billions (18.78%),
- Detached at £86 billions (29.15%).
Total No Of Properties Sold By Property Type
England and Wales had total property sales of 998,376.
The split across the different property types are
- Detached are 233,968 (23.43%)
- Flat/Maisonette at 201,401 (20.17%)
- Other at 17,614 (1.76%),
- Semi-Detached at 252,871 (25.33%)
- Terraced at 292,522 (29.3%).
Average & Median Sales Price
The average sales price in England and Wales was £295.69 K.
For the different property types it was:
- Detached at £368 K,
- Semi-Detached at £229 K,
- Terraced at £222 K,
- Flat/Maisonette at £275 K
- Other it is at £1.75 million.
Similarly median sales price in England and Wales was £205 K.
For different property types it was:
- Detached at £293 K,
- Semi-Detached at £180 K,
- Terraced at £163 K,
- Flat/Maisonette at £189 K
- Other it is at £355 k.
Average and Median Sales Price By Regions
The average sales price by region in England and Wales are :
The median sales price by region in England and Wales are :
New Vs Not New Property Statistics
By Sales Value
- Sales value contributed by New Property was £31 billions (10.57%)
- where as Not New Property contribute £264 billions (89.43%).
By Number Of Sales
- New properties sold were 104,221 (10.44%)
- where as not new property sold were 894,155 (89.56%).
All England Posts